netTALK DUO Setup- Computer
Follow these simple steps to setup your new netTALK DUO
Required: High-Speed Internet, modem or router, phone, and a
(Apple computers not supported)
1. Activate your Device
- DO NOT plug the DUO to your computer yet.
- Locate your username and password inside of the box.
- Go to www.nettalk.com/activate and follow the activation instructions to activate your netTALK DUO / DUO II.
2. USB Driver
- Go to www.nettalk.com/support/downloads.
- Click on “DUO USB Driver” and Download the file, unzip it, and double-click on the .exe application.
- This will automatically install the USB driver for you.
3. Restart your computer
- Restart your computer. There should now be a new orange phone icon on the Windows taskbar. (At the bottom of your computer screen)
4. Connect your phone
- Connect your phone into the “TEL” port on the DUO
5. connect the DUO to the computer
- Use the black USB cable to connect the DUO to the computer.
- The phone icon should turn blue at this time
- DUO auto syncs with our network: The first time the DUO is connected it may take a minute to sync/register. After the DUO registers, it will ring your phone once. You should now hear a dial tone and be able to place and receive calls on the DUO.
If you experience any issues during this process, please submit a trouble ticket at faq.nettalk.com.
Please note: You do not need to plug your Ethernet cable from the router to the DUO if the DUO is connected to the computer.